Spend an atypical weekend or several days aboard a sailing kayak in Arctic Norway, beyond the polar circle !
A radical break, a big breath of pure air, a head full of pictures and the huge satisfaction of having recharged in record time.
A “must” under the midnight sun.
Departing from the small island of Sommarøy, on the west coast of Kvaløya, the 69Nord team invites you to explore, between fjord and the open sea, a magnificent region, protected from the swell by a barrier of reefs bathing in turquoise water. Here otters, puffins and bald eagles reign free and supreme.
The “Weekend and short-term stay” option is ideal for small groups of 2 to 10 people who appreciate discovering the landscape and its fauna in silence, at water-level, on a floating device that is solely wind- or man-powered, and who wish to enjoy the pleasures of bivouac over one or several nights.
Beginners welcome. Children 10 years and older, accompanied by an adult are welcome.
All stays begin on the first day at 9:00 a.m. and end on the last day at 5:00 p.m.
From June 1 to August 31.
|2 days, 1 night
||3 days, 2 nights
||4 days, 3 nights
||5 days, 4 nights
Sleeping tents house two. In addition, a yurt-like tent, is set up as a kitchen and common room, and is used to stock all collective gear.
All meals are taken on site. The participation of each and all is required to insure that the camp functions optimally.
Make sure to bring the batteries you need. Our solar pannel is used exclusively, for obvious reasons, to recharge our means of communication (weather, emergency).
220 volts with standard European plug at the hotel and on our base.
This journey is lead by a sailyak (sailing kayak Hobie Tandem Island) and hiking guide who speaks English. He will attend to your wishes, so your stay may remain a relaxing experience, combining pleasure and the great outdoors.
Gear we provide:
All collective gear for the camp and the kitchen, tents and sleeping mat, sleeping bag, liner. For the kayaks, a double kayak (Hobie Tandem Island), a dry suit, one 50-liter dry bag by person for your personal items, a waterproof radio, a life vest.
Gear you should bring:
– smal toiletry bag/first aid kit
– small towel
– pocket knife
– cap with a large peak or soft hat with large rim to protect yourself from the sun
– rain cape
– warm headgear
– head-lamp to dig into your bag
– waterproof windbreak, top and bottom (e.g., Goretex ou Kway)
– thick fleece or thin down jacket
– long-sleeved fast-dry t-shirts
– synthetic fabric underwear (fast dry)
– warm gloves (fast dry)
– bathing suit
– waterproof case for your photo gear aboard sailyaks
– batteries in sufficient amount for the duration of the trip
– above-the-ankle waterproof walking shoes (for wet terrain, beginning of the season)
– back pack for day hikes (30/40 liters, cabin bag)
– hikes are not along set trails, do not hesitate to bring walking sticks, if necessary
– 3 to 4 pairs of soft and warm light socks
It is possible to leave in Sommarøy one piece of luggage for town clothes and whatever you will not be needing during the raid.
These weekend/short-length treks are offered in June, July and August.